Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Unbelievable ... Tim is home!

Although I am quite sore, and will be for several weeks to come, the surgeon discharged me this afternoon, approximately 72 hours after surgery to remove my kidney. This demonstrates the grace of God, the power of prayer, the marvels of modern medicine, plus the doctor's desire to get me back into the friendly confines of our home and away from the hospital that tends to harbor a lot of nasty bugs.

Nate is still hospitalized, but he looks fantastic! His new (my old) kidney is responding well so far. He and I took a couple of walks together earlier today down the long hallway between our rooms. It looked pretty funny, side by side, dressed as we were in our hospital gowns, both of us pushing our IV trees. My one regret: we did not get a photo!

The transplant surgeon stopped by my room Monday night to tell me, "You donated a strong kidney to your son. It's a little sluggish right now, but it will kick in shortly." Please continue to pray for Nate. The next three months are critical. His immune system has been suppressed, by design, so that his body will not reject the kidney. This leaves him especially susceptible to infections which could destroy the kidney.

I am anxious to read all the comments that have been posted to this blog. This is truly a testimony to the widespread family of God interceding on our behalf before our heavenly Father. Our family is so grateful! I will share more thoughts and perspectives via this blog in the next several days.

Thank you!

~ Tim

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, I would pay for such a photo! And, by the way, nate.....he never could go to his left....should be even more true now! Anyway, this is great news. We share your joy!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Lynn Beck said...

Hooray!! I'm so happy things are going well so far. Good thoughts, many prayers, and my love are shooting "upward" and to you all.

Lynn

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been following closely in the hours and days after surgery. Praising God we're on the mission field in a day-n-age of technology where we can get instant updates and not wait and wonder! God truly has done a remarkable thing and we are rejoicing as we continue to lift you up in this time of recouperation!

May this healing bring glory to God as your amazing testimony is shared! We love you all!
Chad &Mandy

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all you Robertsons.
I have been following these posts closely for the last few days, and I want you to know that I'm praising God with you from faraway Denmark. We have a pretty great Father, eh:)
I will keep praying for healing for Nate especially, and cannot wait to share the good news with my youth group tonight, as we have been praying for him this past year.
The best and all blessings to you all.
- Marie Faber - Capernwray sis.

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear God has anwered our prayers for you and Nate. The donation of your kidney, Tim, has been inspiring. I reminds me of your inspirational leadership of the interns when we were at Bear Valley.
Mike Lundberg

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you both and family too! as you all have something new to celebrate. Our thoughts and prayers continue with you all! Alan and Sandi

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
My wife and I are in Vancouver today and have been praying for each of you. This is excellent news! We will continue to pray for Nate's new kidney and for Tim's full recovery (Nate too). I am anxious to visit with Tim and learn how God's miracles continue to happen.
We continue to pray for the entire family as well. Everyone needs some rest. May God grant you the peace and serenity you need.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you post your mailing address for cards etc? Thanks and bless you both!!!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Tim. Our family has been parying for Nate and you. The reports have been great.
Maybe you can bring your gowns home and recreate the hallway scene.
Looking forward to hearing Nate come home soon as well.
Miss you my friend.

The Nicolaides Family

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home