Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

--T MINUS 3 DAYS--
The countdown has officially begun to the transplant. Well I guess it has been going for some time now but it is really getting close. I can't believe that it has been less than a year since this journey began. With God's grace, Saturday will come, a transplant will happen, and then I will begin on a new adventure. I say by God's grace because I truly believe that it is only through Him that I am still alive today.

This journey has been one full of God's miraculous provisions as well as some of the most confusing/frustrating times in my life. We have been blessed with incredible help. From doctors, surgeons, social workers, and dialysis technicians. I don't really know what we would have done without their help.

My dad wrote about his tests that he has had to go through this past couple of weeks. Talk about frustration. I know the doctors are trying to be as thorough as possible, which I am truly grateful for, but come on. Couldn't this have happened two months ago!? The anticipation for this transplant has caused some other things to happen as well.

I went into dialysis on Monday and found out that my blood pressure had skyrocketed! Naturally, we all freeked a little knowing that it needs to go down considerably in order to have the surgery. So in order to try to make it go down, the dosage of my blood pressure medicine was increased as well as having dialysis both Tuesday and again today. Unfortunately, my blood pressure did not change. So I asked with sincere urgency that you pray specifically for my blood pressure to decline.

Not knowing the reason for the sudden increase in pressure only causes our minds to start racing. Why is up? Is this a good thing? How could it be a good thing? One suggestion, from both of my parents, has been that maybe it takes high blood pressure to rejuvenate a kidney. If that is the case, then bring it on!

Please keep looking to the Blog for updates regarding the transplant and other information.

Thank you again so much for the prayers!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate- I'm praying for you bro. Hope everything works out for the transplant this week. How awesome that you are able to go for it after less than a year! I'll be checking back here to hear how it goes.
Much love,
David MacLeod

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate and Tim,
We are praying for you both. I pray that everything will fall into place exactly how it should. Randy & I donated blood today in both your names at St. Joe's. I didn't know it would be so much fun, but you know Randy, he was in rare form with the lab techs and had all of us laughing. We were thinking of you during the blood draw and will be thinking and praying for you both on Saturday as well.
God Bless,
The Dodges

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home