Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hello, family and friends!

Thank you for praying me through the prostate biopsy today! Thanks to an excellent urologist, who talked and joked with me throughout the 15 minute procedure (plus a little bit of valium), this invasive test was not as bad as I had anticipated. Unfortunately, the after effects are not so keen, as I am having difficulty sitting or walking at the moment. The results will be back next week. Assuming that no prostate cancer is detected, then the surgery should be a go!

Here is another prayer request, though. I received a call this afternoon from the kidney transplant center informing me that the angiogram done last Friday on my kidneys revealed a simple cyst on my right kidney. This is perfectly normal for someone my age, but because the size of the cyst is rather large, they have ordered me to undergo an additional test this coming Monday, November 20th, to re-check the function of both of my kidneys.

This G.F.R. renal scan will include injecting a small amount of radioactive fluid, followed by some pictures being taken of the rate at which my kidneys pick up the fluid. G.F.R. stands for Glomerular Filtration Rate. The radioactive fluid is safe, although the transplant coordinator did joke that I may "glow" for awhile!

Finally, if you are planning to donate blood on Nate's behalf, it will need to be done by next Tuesday, November 21st. Any blood type may be donated and will be credited to Nate's account. The two specific types that will be tested for compatibility with his blood are B-negative and O-negative. Please call the Donor Lab at St. Joseph's hospital at (714) 744-8721. Tell them that you want to schedule a time to donate blood for Nathan Robertson. The lab is conveniently located on the first floor of a new, high-rise medical facility called "The Pavilion" - 1140 W. La Veta, in Orange - a half block east of Main Street, and a half-mile north of the 5 freeway. A multi-level parking garage is adjacent, with free parking for two hours.

A flurry of activity awaits us as the December 2nd surgery date approaches. This blog will be the best source of information as to what is happening and how you can pray specifically. Once again, from our family, thank you for sustaining us through this process.

~ Tim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that people can donate blood towards the surgery. I'm totally doing it. Nate, I will for sure be praying for you and your dad!
Tammi (from Crown group)

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tim & Nate,

I was anxious for all your updates. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I will call my parents (Berna & Augie) as they always ask about your updates and how things are going for you. You are a trooper!!!! Take care and we'll all be praying for you.

Cousin, Mary Seliskar

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home