Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Thursday, November 09, 2006


-A little sunset at Montage-
Alicia and Lloyd it's for you!

I think a solemn apology is in order to all of you. I have really slacked in my updates. Considering the last one was in Sept. and what is it now.... oh yeah NOVEMBER!! So I am really sorry for the lack of updates. Because believe me, there are some really good ones. Here goes...

Wait a second. These updates are REALLY good, so what are you doing just sitting there all laid back like? I said these were good! Get on the edge of your seat. I'm about to tell you... Hey, don't look further down to try and find out before I tell you. I know some of you are doing that. Ok, here goes. Crandall, in Ohio, can I get a little drum roll please.

Transplant date has been moved up to December 2nd!!!! By my calculations that is only 3 weeks, 2 days, and a few hours. Can I just say that I am incredibly stoked, nervous, scared, impatient, and completely thankful to the Lord for the ensuing transplant process. As many of you already know, my dad is going to be the donor. This has been and I think will continue to be a special time for us as father and son. He does have a few more tests to endure to make sure that he is indeed the best donor. So please continue to pray for him these next two weeks. He will write more about those test later.

When I look back on this season of my life it seems like it has flown by. But of course, going through the whole thing, it definitely seemed to drag. But having kidney failure, going through dialysis, and receiving a transplant all in a span of nine and half months is truly incredible. And you know I don't think I would have been able to go through it with as much positivity if it weren't for each one of you and your constant prayers. Just knowing that was going on helped me so much. So thank you again.

There is another thing that I need to mention. I am not really sure how to bring this up so I am just going to be blunt. Due to the transplant process, I am going to lose blood. Therefore, I am going to need blood for transfusions. Now, many of you from day one have asked how you could be a part of this whole thing. Because we learned early that my dad was compatible, there was no need to have anyone else tested. Now there is a need. And as macabre as it may sound, I need your blood. I am going to be setting up a "Designated DONOR Account" either tomorrow or Monday. The way it works is once the account is set up, anyone who wants to donate blood for me can call 714-744-8721 and make an appointment to go in and donate. The unfortunate thing is that you must go to the labs near the hospital, St. Joseph in Orange, CA, so those of you out of state and around the world that wish to donate...as much as I appreciate it, unless you can travel out here, it's a no go. These donations must be done at least 10 days before surgery because it takes time to process. I will write more about this once I create the account. But for those of you that want to be involved in this way, keep it in the back of your mind and look for upcoming updates.

So for prayer requests...
-I think the big ones are pretty obvious.
-My dad still has a few tests that we really need showers of prayer over so that he stays qualified as a donor.
-My health lately has not been that good. I got a touch of the flu that has kind of knocked me out the past few days. I need to get healthy before the surgery.
-The week before the surgery is filled with final appointments, training sessions, and final labs.
-So with all of this please continue to pray that the focus stays on my Creator knowing that He is in control of everything.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vic's reflections said...

Nate and Tim,

Monique and I are traveling with our girls to Whittier for Thanksgiving week at my brother Tom's house. Mo and I want to donate blood for you. We are holding you in our prayers. Thanks for your sharing of how God is drawing you and your Dad to Himself.

In Him.

Vic Woodward

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate:

Congratulations on the move up date and for the tremendous speed at which God has guided your Dad's donor selection process. And know that the way you and your family have endured your trials so far has been a great inspiration to many. God is truly using you and he has great plans for your future. As for my blood, well I guess I can spare a pint or three.

You, Tim and your entire family are in our daily prayers Nate.

God bless,

Steve Pitchford

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate- we are praying for you and your dad...for health, confidence, peace, and quick healing all around. Oh I can imagine how pumped God is watching you give Him the glory in all this!

Love from us all,
Melinda, Paul and all the kids

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home