Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Friday, September 01, 2006

I think there is an old saying that people use when incredible things happen, do you want to try and guess it? Oh come on, it will be fun. I'll give you three seconds to think of it. Ready...GO!!!
Well for those of you who are incredibly smart...THE LORD IS GOOD!!!!!

My dad met with the transplant coordinator yesterday and came away with some great news. Pending things go smoothly with his renal CT angiagram, the last test to DQ him as a donor canidate, we have penciled in DECEMBER 4th as the transplant date!!! How exciting is that? We would just really ask that you all start showering that date with prayer, one that it remains possible, and two that everything with the transplant procedure will go well. My dad or I will post more about the process as it nears.

With all this excitement I sometimes forget how hard this whole process has been. I have to be honest in telling you all that there have been times when I have been wearing a mask. I constantly run into people who will ask how things are going. Typically they are going well but there is always this underlying thing that for some reason is hard to talk to people about. Being on dialysis three days a week and having that pretty much govern your life takes a pretty heavy toll. And I am the kind of person that internalizes a lot and then when it breaks, it really breaks. Last weekend, after a long time, I finally broke. I just felt so exhausted with all of this, tired of not feeling normal, tired of not having any kidneys! Now I know that there are great plans ahead for me, and I am excited for them, I really am. But there are times when I really hate this season of my life. I mean did the Israelites like wondering around the desert all those years? Granted it was primarily there fault because of their sinning. But how cool was it when they were able to enter in to what God had planned for them? Yeah that is what I am looking foward to. The new season of my life, starting DECEMBER 4th

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're praising the Lord with you Nate! What a direct answer to so many prayers! Will continue to bathe all the deatils in prayer as the big date aproaches...what a testimony you have!!
Chad and Mandy

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nate, I am so happy to hear that you got a date for your transplant!!! you are in my prayers-God bless you!! The Lord is good!

Karianne (your friend in Norway:)

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be praying for december 4th! that's great news that your dad is a match. I hope all goes well and will check back for updates. it's crazy that 6 yrs ago we were all getting ready to go to capernwray...time has flown and i'm sure this has been tough, but your spirit is so encouraging. keep the faith - it's so glorifying to our good Lord!
jessica from SC

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate....we'll be praying for you and with you. We praise our GOOD GOD with you for His obvious hand in all of this.
Fred and Linda Gray

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home