Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Hallelujah! Give thanks on this Thanksgiving eve!

I got the results back this morning from the urologist: I do NOT have prostate cancer. He dictated a letter, in my presence, to the transplant surgeon stating that there is no sign of cancer and that I am "clean and clear" to go forward with surgery.

The ultimate decision still rests with the transplant surgeon. Later today, he will review the results of the G.F.R. scan that was done two days ago, which measured my kidney function. I expect to hear his final analysis before the end of the day today, but his coordinator told me this morning that "nothing unusual" showed up, in her estimation.

Nate and I are scheduled for a "final compatibility crossmatch" this Sunday, at 8:00 a.m. Next week is also full of additional meetings and lab work in preparation for surgery on Saturday, December 2nd, at 7:00 a.m. We have been reminded that any of these final blood tests can still disqualify me. We have also been told to "lay low" this next week and to stay healthy. Please pray for our protection from colds or flu.

We will use this blog as the primary means of communication to all of you prayer partners. Thank you, again, for sustaining Nate and me, plus our entire family, through this process.

Enjoy tomorrow's significant national holiday with your family and friends. As you give thanks, be sure to praise God for His grace that He has abundantly poured onto our family.

~ Tim

2 Comments:

Blogger Vic's reflections said...

Tim,

This is huge! Praise God! We will continue to hold you all in our prayers. It is significant that Thanksgiving Day is almost here, and His hand so steadfastly touching all of us through you, Nate and family.

Blessings.

Vic and Monique

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim and family, fantastic news, our prayers are with you all as you prepare for this life giving event, I know that you will experience God's grace as a family during this time.

David and Susie Tschetter

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home