Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Quick Post And We're Off To Bed

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

This song has been running through my head since Thursday evening after our time of prayer. It has continued as I think of how great our God is! He is great enough to bring us to your minds when prayer was needed. As I was looking over all of your comments, I was overwhelmed by the timing of your prayers. We were covered in prayer from the time surgery started on Dad until we heard that Nate was being stitched up. How great Thou art!!!

We decided to tag-team it today and all of us had great visits with both Nate and Dad. It was so good to be able to spend some time with them, even if it was just to sit and pray while they slept.

A few prayer requests to keep in mind:
Dad has been feeling very nauseous all day and is eager to feel well quickly. Please pray that he would feel up to eating soon. Please also pray that he would get good sleep tonight. As a praise, he met his and his doctors goals of fulfilling his breathing exercises and walking down the hall tonight. Yeah Dad!
Nate was able to eat well tonight. Please continue to pray for balance as the doctor and nurses seek out the right combination of medications. Everything is so delicate right now. The kidney continues to function well today. Yeah Nate!

On a similar note: Please continue to pray for us as a family; that we would sleep well, drive safely and take care of ourselves as well. The hospital can, at times, seem like a time warp and the day may be over before you realize you haven't had dinner let alone lunch. We are all working on developing balance in our day and responsibilities.

being firmly upheld,
Alicia for all of the Robertsons

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so grateful for Nate and Tim's progress! May God continue to care for each of you and give peace to all!!

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all went well. I wanted to help out by donating blood, but there hasn't been enough time since my last donation to allow me to do so. Hope you got the blood you needed.

I'm praying for a quick, full recovery for both of you guys. God be with you and strenthen you.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So thankful to be able to follow this amazing process!!! Thanks for letting us be part of it!!! Just a note to let you know I, Myr, woke up at 4:30am on Sat and started praying! I know ALL of us here at Biola OC have been praying through the week-end. If you need anything please let us know!
In His Service,

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill and Grace here for you.
We have been praying!! I have tried to write on this...but it never goes...so hope this will. We want you to know we are in your corner and better yet ... so glad the Lord is and that we can go to Him on you alls behalf. Know there has been such a wide range of emotion and that alone can be exhausting. May you sense yourselves being held in His everlasting arms and covered by His wings! You are greatly loved!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read Wes' thoughts for the day and said outloud, "I know Tim & Deb, they've been my heroes forever!". Sounds like you still are!! Know that all Bridge family members are praying for you guys and that we look forward to seeing God's wonderful will worked out in and through you - just as He always has. Blessings . . .

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying continually for all of you...may God bless you with peace and rest.
Stephanie Dodge

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord !
So happy to hear that things are going well. Continuing to pray for comfort and strength for whole family during the recovery time.

Craig and Sandy Lee

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathrin and I have been praying for all of you, and are so blessed and grateful for what The Lord has done, for you and your family. What a wonderful testimony. Hallelujah! He is so good to us and loves us so much! We will continue to pray for more success and complete healing. Thank you Jesus for letting us see this, Your Glory!

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home