Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Tomorrow's Surgery Schedule

So that you can join our family in praying specifically for the events and people of tomorrow, here is an approximate schedule for the day (Saturday, Dec. 2nd). All times are listed as Pacific Standard Time.

5:00 a.m. - Nate and Tim report to St. Joseph's Hospital, in Orange, CA.

7:00 a.m. - Surgery begins on Tim to remove his right kidney. Dr. Chamberlin will perform this operation, which will last approximately 3 hours.

10:00 a.m. - While Tim is taken to recovery, Dr. Ruzics, the transplant director, will operate on the kidney, preparing it for transplantation into Nate.

11:30 a.m. - The transplant surgery into Nate begins, with Dr. Ruzics performing this operation. This may last 4 to 6 to 8 hours, or more.

Our daughters will update this blog Saturday evening with the latest results.

As you pray, consider the words of King David, in Psalm 139, especially verses 1-3, 13-18:

"O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away.
You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest.
Every moment you know where I am.
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous - and how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God!
They are innumerable! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!"

~ Tim

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God go with you. How better could anyone ever show his love for his son?
Jerry Wheeler

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God be with you and your family today and in the days ahead. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
- Jessica "Zerwas" Brockardt

8:57 AM  
Blogger Michelle Peltzer said...

The Sat. Bold OC ACTS class is keeping you all in our prayers. You could feel the Holy Spirit with us when we were praying specifically for Tim and Nate.
God Bless!
Michelle Peltzer & the Bold ACTS class.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so many people in prayer for you guys at this very moment - lifting you both up to the Father! Many people on this side of the ocean who are interceeding as well! To God be the glory, GREAT things he has done and will continue to do! You are in our hearts and prayers on this day!

Mandy & Chad

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Prayers go out knowing that the Lord will be present walking in the midst,carefully guiding the hands of those who He created specifically for this day to carry out His good work in you both.
Our God is an Awesome God!
The Zoch's

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate- Just wanted you to know that all the UW family is praying for you and dad today! May you feel His presence with you throughout this time.

Sam

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 12.15 and I am praying RIGHT NOW. I know that God has had his hand in everything up to this point, everything this morning, and everything that is to happen this afternoon and later. Nate (and your WHOLE FAMILY), my prayers are with you!!!

Crystal Lenderman

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nate, Tim, and family...
You don't know me but since my friend and mentor Wes Roberts asked for prayer on your behalf, just know that you were prayed for at 1:27pm PST.

What hit me from Tim's blog and Psalm 139...
"And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!"
May you both wake up and know that HE IS STILL WITH YOU!

Britt Jones-Monument, CO

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard about you from my (great) uncle, Wes Roberts. You don't know me. Though having grown up in my uncle's youth group, you may have known my mother. She would have been called Jill Peterson back then. She lived with Wes and Judy for a time while in Nursing school down there. Anyway, know that you are in my prayers, way up here in WA state. Blessings ~
Amy Lund

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like just yesterday I was hanging out at the Parkinsons...and Deb was in elementary school. But we grow up, get married, have families...and watch God at work in each of their lives. I don't know you, Nate, but Wes Roberts sent out an appeal for prayer. I do know your folks...and pray that God's presence, comfort, and grace will be sufficient for every need you and your family have. Praying for you, your dad, and especially Deb, who carries the concern of both a mother and a wife.

Don Byers
Greensboro, NC

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim...
I am honored to have been put on the e-mail list. I have only heard about your son via our conversations, and there is no reason to doubt that he is an incredible young man. And, you my friend, are an absolute icon of a loving father! The Koa Group has been notified and all of us will be praying for both of you and your family.
God Bless,
Phil Bendik

2:15 PM  
Blogger Will Vaus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Will Vaus said...

Dear Tim and Nate and family,

You don't know me but I am a friend of Wes Roberts. I was moved by hearing your story, related by Wes, and wanted to let you know I will be praying for you all.

Blessings,
Will Vaus

2:38 PM  
Blogger Cindi Pete' said...

Praying for you from Whittier. Deep soulful prayers. I feel like I'm waiting to exhale as I wait for the update. Can't wait to rejoice with you all in God's continued grace. This blog is a good idea.

Cindi Peterson (Glen's Wife/Calvary Baptist)

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read about your situation in an email from Wes Roberts. I'm praying for all of you.
Tom

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're praying that God's hands are ALL OVER the surgeons' hands during the surgery and all over both Tim's and Nate's bodies as they recover!
Rick & Debbie Yorgey

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WES Roberts forwarded this to me...a friend and pastor. We will post this as part of our intercessory prayer efforts at Three Rivers Church. It will be brought before the Throne at least 100 times over the next two weeks.
Pastor Clement Walchshauser

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb, Of course my prayers have been for Tim and Nate, but also for you. I know how difficult it is to be the wife and mother in the waiting room. However, not both on the same day! Tim, How awesome is that, that you have the privilege of showing your love in such a unselfish, longlasting manner. I hope both you and Nate take great pride in your surgical scars. Love to you all from Jean and myself. I am believing all is well even before I hear from your daughters. Joy Thomas

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim and Nate, We woke up early this morning and began praying. God is with you.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our granddaughter had a kidney transplant last year. She just turned 20, and is doing fantastically well. She received a cadaver kidney which was 34 1/2 hours old at the time of the transplant. They "die" at 36 hours, and yet it started working the fastest of any transplanted kidney in the history of the Loma Linda Hospital transplant center. The power of prayer is wonderful. Her dad is a pastor, so MANY were praying for her, as many are praying for both of you. We will continue to do so, for your recovery and health and strength.
Sarah Higgins, a long-time friend of Wes and Judy.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home