Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Monday, December 04, 2006

They Are Up And Walking!

Praise the Lord! Dad took several walks today. He is feeling better and was able to eat well today. He is also figuring out when to ask for his medications before the pain becomes too much. He has been in great spirits and is hoping to come home tomorrow. We will see what the doctor says tomorrow on his rounds.
Nate was moved out of ICU this afternoon and placed in a suite on the same floor as dad. He too is eating well and was able to take a short walk this evening. Tonight was the first time that the guys were able to see each other and it was great incentive for dad to make it all the way down the hall. What a sweet reunion!

I decided to "kidnap" mom this morning and took her to the beach for an hour or so. It was very good for her to have some alone time to pray and relax. Please pray for other moments to take time for herself.
We are all sleeping well -thank you for your prayers!

Please pray for continued acceptance of the kidney on Nate's part. These first weeks/months are crucial.
Please pray also for a good care schedule to be worked out if dad returns home tomorrow and Nate remains in the hospital.
Lastly, please lift up my sister Laurelle this week. She is facing a tough week at school with tests, presentations and papers due nearly every day. She is overwhelmed by it all. This evening she emailed a link to a song that was incredibly meaningful given our situation. I have included the link here http://www.passionforyourname.com/loops/Everything.mp3 as well as posted the lyrics below.

Everything by Tim Hughes

Verse 1:
God in my living
There in my breathing
God in my waking
God in my sleeping

God in my resting
There in my working
God in my thinking
God in my speaking

Chorus:
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything


Verse 2:
God in my hoping
There in my dreaming
God in my watching
God in my waiting

God in my laughing
There in my weeping
God in my hurting
God in my healing


Bridge:
Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
You are everything

Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
Be my everything


being firmly, continuously upheld,
Alicia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I bet you have more of a "hitch in your gitty up" than normal, huh? =-)
I wanted to let you know that Martin from Lake Hills called and wanted you to know that he has been praying for you for free. He's not charging you his usual $5. Ha! He's funny. Hope to see you soon...

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home