Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

To Him Be the GLORY!

It has been less than a month since my dad I went into the hospital for the transplant surgery and already God is moving in incredible ways. Last week we got a call from a reporter from the Orange County Register. He had heard about our story from a friend and thought it would be a good "Holiday" story to run. After interviewing my dad, mom, and me, his story appeared in our local Aliso Viejo News this morning. Here is a link to the article if you wanted to check it out: http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/homepage/article_1386622.php

Apparently the news of our story traveled quick, very quick to be honest. As I was getting out of the shower this morning, my dad knocked on the bathroom door and told me that their was a news reporter outside wondering if we were available for an interview. I guess they had read the article and wanted to do a follow-up interview to be shown on the news! As you can imagine, our plans for this morning quickly changed as the reporter and her camera man came in our house and began filming.

I started this blog by telling you that God is already using the transplant to bring Glory to Him. As we sat on our couch, I was asked questions that enabled me to really pour out my heart. My dad and I talked some about the transplant but more importantly we shared what God has done in the past nine months. If you wanted to see the news cast, it can be found at www.kcal9.com and search the top story videos. I would encourage you to go back and read some of the comments left on my last entry. Some of them are from people who responded after seeing the story on the news today. I have never met some of them and probably never will but the Lord used this story to make an impact for His kingdom. How encouraging!

I am not really sure what is going to come out of this news story. I just keep telling myself that this is just another way that God is using an unfortunate medical condition to bring Him Glory. Some of you may recall that when this all began back in Feb. I mentioned that my prayer had been that He would use me in whatever way as a tool for His Kingdom. If that was sitting in dialysis talking to other patients, then Ok. If it is going through a transplant, then Ok. And if it is telling my story on the news, then Ok. This is my perspective. God is the giver of all things and this includes my life. I echo the words of the Apostle Paul as he wrote in 1Corinthians 10:31, "So whether you eat or DRINK or whatever you do, do it all for the GLORY of God."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!!! God is sure amazing... it is so good to read this and see your progress... you and your family are still in my prayers!

4:43 PM  
Blogger tinker_chic said...

hey,
I just saw a tape of you and your family during your kidney transplant on channel 5 news in Fort Smith, Arkansas and I have to say that your dad is a great guy for what he has done and how he saved your life.. I'm so happy to hear that everything is going good for you and you family. I hope you make a great recovery. YOu'll be in my prayers!

Love,

Patience

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy and I were just wondering tonight how you both were doing!! We are so glad for both of you that the New Year will bring better health to you than list last year!! It was such a touching story in the Aliso Viejo News. We are still praying for you both, you are in our thoughts.
May God continually bless His faithful followers, the Robertsons, through this next year and beyond.
God Bless,
The Dodges

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home