Nate's Kidney Blog

Welcome to Nate's Kidney Blog. This is intended to be a way for friends and family to stay updated on my condition. Please read and comment when felt led.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It is April 22nd... Two months ago I was spending my fourth day in the hospital. Looking back on these last two months, I can really see how God has been with me through all of this. Whether that be through every one of you, who have been such an encouragement through your prayers, or through His humor. For example, the other day, well actually four times a week, I walked into my dialysis center for treatment. As I lay there on the recliner with my blood traveling in and out of the machine, I am distracted by this young girl walking straight up to the window. Apparently the windows of the center are those kind that you can see out of but not into. You probably already guesed it, but in case you haven't, this girl was walking up checking herself out in the mirror-like windows. It was hilarious!! First it was her hair, then her eyes, and then as she walked away... she totally checked out her ______ ! Well the reason I tell this story is to show how humorous God can be sometimes. Here I am along with fifteen or so elderly people sitting there having our blood cleaned just so that we can survive, and next door to the center is a tanning salon where people are going in daily lessening their chance of living longer. It is kind of ironic that these two centers are next to eachother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home